Quick and easy Peach Crisp recipe with tender peaches in a gooey maple sauce under crispy oat topping. Peach crisp is air fried or oven baked and served warm with vanilla ice cream for ultimate comfort like this blueberry crisp!
Nothing says summer like juicy peaches baked, or air fried, under a crispy topping with melting ice cream over the surface. The peaches are so tender in the gooey sauce, there's no better way to enjoy this dessert than with a scoop of ice cream that melts as you eat it.
Why we love this recipe
- it's like peach pie without all the work
- can be air fried or oven baked
- great way to use ripe peaches during peach season (or use frozen peaches)
- naturally gluten free peach crisp recipe
- super easy 10 min assembly + 20 minute bake
- budget-friendly made with mostly pantry staples
Key Ingredients and substitutions
- unsalted butter - or preferred cooking fat. Note: if using salted butter, omit the other salt in the recipe
- old fashioned rolled oats - or use instant oats
- almond flour - can be substituted with oats (equal amount)
- brown sugar - or preferred sugar
- peaches - can be fresh or frozen
- maple syrup - or any liquid sweetener
- arrowroot - or corn starch
As you can see there are substitutions for nearly all of the ingredients in this peach crisp recipe using equal amounts. Peach crisp is a very forgiving dessert recipe and requires very few skills.
How to make Peach Crisp (oven or air fryer)
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 350°F.
- Combine topping ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine filling ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slice and lay peaches in skillet or baking dish and spoon the liquid mixture over them.
- Sprinkle the crumbly topping over the peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes until sauce is bubbling and surface is lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes, top with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
Recipe tips and FAQ
One large peach = 1 cup
Use fresh or frozen peaches for peach crisp. It's a great way to enjoy fresh peaches during summer, but if using frozen peaches, thaw first before baking. You can even use canned peaches (drained) for peach crisp.
No, it's not necessary to peel the peaches because they're barely unnoticeable once baked. If you prefer to peel, slice the peach into quarters, remove the pit, and gently peel the skin away. No need to boil peaches.
According to Farmer’s Almanac, a crisp is made with oats, flour, butter, and sugar. A crumble uses more of a streusel topping and no oats. Cobbler is made with a biscuit-style topping.
Note: If using fresh peaches, select ripe peaches. They'll have an obvious peachy smell and their surface will have a little give when gently pressed.
More peach recipes
- Peach Burrata Salad
- Grilled Peaches Caprese
- Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
- Chicken Tacos with Peach or Mango Salsa
- Peach Smoothie
Peach Crisp Recipe (Oven or Air Fryer)
For the topping
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup uncooked Rolled Oats, or quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour, or any nut meal
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar, or preferred sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Sea Salt
For the filling
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, or preferred liquid sweetener
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Arrowroot Powder, or 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- pinch Sea Salt
For the fruit
- 2 large Ripe Peaches, pitted and sliced (about 2 cups)
- mixing bowls
- silicone spatula
- (2) 5-inch skillets or 9x9 baking dish
- Air fryer or conventional oven
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 350°F and coat skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.If using the Instant Omni, adjust oven rack to the "Bake" position, select "Bake", and set dial to 350°F.
For the topping
- Melt BUTTER in microwave or on stove (use medium settings to avoid burning it).
- In a mixing bowl, combine OATS, FLOUR, SUGAR, CINNAMON, and SALT. Add MELTED BUTTER and stir to combine. Set aside.
For the filling
- In another mixing bowl, combine MAPLE SYRUP, LEMON JUICE, ARROWROOT, VANILLA EXTRACT, and SALT. * Note: if you like your fruit crisp extra saucy, double the filling ingredients.
- Slice the peaches and distribute evenly into skillet or baking dish. Spoon the liquid mixture over the peaches, then sprinkle on the crumbly topping.
Bake the peach crisp
- Bake 20 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and surface is lightly browned. If using the air fryer, check it at 15 minutes and remove, if needed.
- Carefully remove and allow to cool 5 minutes.
Serving and storage instructions
- Serve warm, topped with your favorite ice cream.Peach crisp is best when enjoyed immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container up to 2 days. To reheat, cover peach crisp with foil, baked in 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.