If you shop at Costco, you’ve probably seen Explore Asian Organic Edamame Spaghetti Noodles. The question is, what’s the best way to cook them? Got you covered with my 20 minute, Mushroom Walnut Edamame Spaghetti Noodles. Boom!
Mushroom Walnut Edamame Spaghetti Noodles
So, what is edamame spaghetti?
Well, it’s not your everyday pasta noodle. It’s made with two ingredients…edamame beans and water. That’s it!
Which means they’re very light and fragile. Which also means that they break apart easily, which is no biggie.
Right out of the box, I tried using them in place of whole grain pasta with a traditional, red sauce.
To be totally honest, I didn’t love the results.
Buuuuut, when I didn’t treat them like everyday, wheat pasta, and babied them, they came to life in their own special way!
Please note, this is not a sponsored post, I simply wanted to give you my story, and a recipe, with this very unique product.
So, how do you cook edamame spaghetti noodles?
You’re basically cooking them using the same method as any wheat pasta, buuuuut…
- Don’t expect them to act like wheat pasta. Just allow them to be fragile and expect that they’ll fall apart a little during the process.
- Don’t overcook them…it’s easy to do because they only require about 4 minutes to fully cook.
- Be very gentle when rinsing and draining. They’ll be prettier, trust me.
Know what I really love about these noodles?
A 2 oz serving of the Explore Asian brand edamame noodles has 1303g potassium, 25g protein, and 11g fiber, while the sodium in that serving is 3mg. I want these number in my life!
They’re also certified organic, naturally gluten free…and vegan; i.e., no egg product! I’m not restricted, but I’m always on board with eating less of things I don’t need.
I’m happy to try any product that’s innovating those characteristics, especially if it’s a convenience food…and it very much is.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Mushroom Walnut Edamame Spaghetti Noodles:
- organic edamame spaghetti noodles
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Tools I use for this recipe:
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- 3.5 quart stainless sauce pan
- Stainless Steel Colander
- 11-inch nonstick skillet
Looking for a few more healthy noodle meals for busy weeknights?
Here’s my 30-Minute Vegan Chickpea Confetti Noodles (also vegan).
Or grab my Sesame Kale Noodles that also come together in under 30 minutes.
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which allows me to earn commissions when you make purchases through those links (no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.