This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asian-inspired Edamame Pasta recipe made with edamame spaghetti, sliced Cremini mushrooms, and toasted walnuts. Edamame noodles are naturally high in fiber and protein.
Costco edamame spaghetti is a very unique ingredient. If you've ever prepared the noodles, you know how fragile they are compared to classic spaghetti noodles. This makes them a little tricky to work with. I've tried them with spaghetti sauce and I didn't love them at all. So I came up with this Asian inspired edamame pasta recipe. It's a close favorite to my Thai Zucchini Noodles and Veggie Lo Mein.
What is edamame pasta?
Edamame noodles are made with one ingredient...edamame beans. This makes edamame spaghetti the perfect pasta noodle when cooking for restricted diets like gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Recipe amounts are included in the printable Edamame Spaghetti recipe below.
- edamame spaghetti - available by various brands
- sesame oil - or preferred oil
- crimini mushrooms - or other mushroom variety
- walnuts - plain walnuts are perfect for this recipe
- soy sauce - or tamari
- black pepper - as needed to season
How long do you cook edamame?
Edamame spaghetti is very fragile and breaks apart easily. You can cook it using a classic stove boiled method. You'll see that the package instructions call for about half the time used when cooking traditional pasta, so about 4 minutes. In other words, it cooks very quickly.
- Don't expect edamame noodles to cook like regular pasta. Just allow them to be fragile and expect that they'll fall apart a little during the cooking process.
- It's very easy to overcook edamame spaghetti because they only require about 4 minutes to fully cook.
- Be very gentle when handling cooked edamame noodles to prevent breaking them.
Asian noodle recipes we love
Edamame Pasta with Creminin Mushrooms
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Kitchen Girl.
- 2 ounces Edamame Spaghetti
- Water to boil noodles
- ½ cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil or preferred oil
- ½ pound Cremini Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce or tamari
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- Cook EDAMAME PASTA according to package instructions.
- Rinse with cool water and set aside to drain.
- Heat skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add WALNUTS and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring continuously. Transfer walnuts out of the skillet and set aside.
- Add SESAME OIL to the skillet and heat until shimmering.
- Add MUSHROOMS to the skillet and and sauté until slightly tender, stirring as needed.
- Add cooked edamame noodles to the skillet and heat until warm, tossing gently as needed.
- Season with SOY SAUCE and BLACK PEPPER. Add SALT to taste.
- Serve warm garnished with WALNUTS.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.