This 10-minute Black Bean Salsa is made with canned black beans, sweet corn, bell peppers, red onion, and avocado. The cilantro, jalapeño, and lime give it authentic Mexican flavor. Serve this easy salsa with tortilla chips, in tacos, burritos, and over grilled meat.
Black Bean Corn Salsa
One of my favorite Mexican party foods of all time is black bean corn salsa.
I absolutely love the texture of the beans and fresh produce combined with the distinct Mexican flavors of fresh cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice.
This fun, Tex-Mex recipe dates back to my earliest beginnings as a deli/bakery manager in a health food store.
My co-manager, Kris, contributed her black bean corn salsa recipe to the deli and I’ll never forget how that stuff flew off the shelves!
It’s light, soooo flavorful, and loaded with nutrition!
I adapted her recipe and added bell peppers, instead of tomatoes, so that I could make it any season outside of tomato season.
Every time I make a black bean salsa, I think of Kris and those glorious college days where I got paid to play with food.
How to make Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Step 1. Drain and rinse the canned black beans and thaw the corn (if frozen).
Step 2. Chop the bell peppers, onions, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro.
Step 3. Zest and juice lime and dice the avocado
Step 4. Combine all ingredients (except avocado) in a mixing bowl.
Step 5. Cover and chill until ready to serve, then add avocado…and devour!
What I love about a black bean salsa
- easy to assemble and comes together in ten minutes
- canned black beans are convenient to use and loaded with fiber and protein
- it’s reduced-sodium friendly
- naturally vegan and gluten-free
- can be made a day or two in advance
- uses everyday ingredients
- everyone LOVES it!
Black Bean Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- canned black beans
- frozen sweet corn
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- jalapeño pepper
- fresh lime
- salt and pepper
Tools I use to make this recipe:
Check out these other healthy Mexican recipes!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 15-oz can Reduced Sodium Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Corn fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 medium Red Onion 1/2 cup diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Avocado diced
- In a mixing bowl, stir together BEANS, CORN, BELL PEPPER, ONION, JALAPENO PEPPER, LIME JUICE, CILANTRO, SALT, and PEPPER; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, gently fold in diced AVOCADO.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for nachos, tacos, burritos.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Easy Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks - 11/16/2019
- 20 Thanksgiving Recipes That are Elegant & Easy…Really! - 11/08/2019
- Sausage Stuffing with Apples - 11/05/2019