Loaded Greek Eggplant Dip is a Mediterranean appetizer topped with kalamata olives, capers, and toasted pine nuts. It's so easy to bake an eggplant, blend it in a food processor, chill, and serve it loaded with beautiful toppings!
Everyone needs a good eggplant dip recipe, right? This loaded dip is creamy and smooth on the bottom, and loaded with texture and savory sprinkles on the top. Even if you’re not dedicated to vegan, GF, or low carb...this dip is! These diet bonuses are often inadvertent outcomes of my ingredient preferences and recipe style. That's my jam...and I love the challenge of developing recipes that help my readers enjoy plant-based food, whether they're restricted or not.
If you love easy Mediterranean recipes, this chopped Greek chickpea salad will become your go-to side or salad for every occasion!
Greek Eggplant Dip Ingredients
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper
How do you cook eggplant?
Preheat oven to 400°.
Step 1: Pierce through eggplant flesh several times with a knife or fork.
Step 2: Rub olive oil on the surface.
Step 3: Bake 15-20 minutes until flesh softens. (You can grill it during summer months)
Step 4: Cool, peel, and remove stem.
*Grab the full recipe below
How to make eggplant dip
Step 1: Add roasted, peeled, eggplant to food processor
Step 2: Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper
Step 3: Pulse until it's well-blended.
Step 4: Store in an airtight container and chill.
To serve, grab your favorite plate and schmear it on...just like the pros!
Optional toppings for eggplant dip
- Kalamata olives
- pine nuts
- olive oil
Grab these easy dip recipes
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Loaded Black Bean Dip
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Guiltless French Onion Dip
- Herbed White Bean Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
Loaded Greek Eggplant Dip
For the puree:
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 1 tablespoon Pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Chives
- squeeze Lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 °
- Pierce EGGPLANT ½” deep in several spots with a paring knife; lightly coat surface with OLIVE OIL.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until flesh is softened; gently remove and allow to cool to room temperature; remove skin and stem, discarding both.
- In a food processor fitted with the chopping/mixing dough blade attachment, add cooked EGGPLANT, OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, TAHINI, GARLIC, SALT, and PEPPER; pulse to combine to desired texture.
- Refrigerate; when ready to serve, smear chilled puree on a plate, garnish with KALAMATA OLIVES, CAPERS, PINE NUTS, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, PARSLEY, CHIVES, and squeeze of LEMON.
Traci's Recipe Notes
- 7-cup food processor or blender
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.