Too much zucchini?…need an easy recipe? Impress your party peeps with my Grilled Zucchini Corn Salad with Feta Dressing.
Grilled Zucchini Corn Salad with Feta Dressing
I made this dish for a BBQ yesterday and brought home an empty-bowl! I received so many compliments, I had to put it on the blog. This is my new favorite summer side-dish, and hopefully yours too
This bowl of awesomeness consists of 2 main components:
- grilled veggies
- feta dressing
That’s it! The hardest part is dicing the veggies and/or de-cobbing the corn. But, you can knock out the chopping a day or two ahead of your event, which makes this really convenient. (I do recommend fresh corn, but frozen will work just fine if the freshies aren’t available).
Some useful FYI’s for this recipe:
- Prep veggies and/or dressing up to two days before grilling.
- Cube zucchini no smaller than 1/2” pieces (or they’ll disintegrate on the grill).
- Don’t overflow your grill basket (grill in batches, if needed).
- Don’t over-grill the zucchini…it becomes watery.
- Grill and dress your veggies the day before the event…so the flavors can jive overnight.
Hope this becomes your new fav grilled veggie salad.
Cheers to fresh summer vegetables…and always, to our health!
Grilled Zucchini Salad
For the vegetables:
- 2 lbs Zucchini diced
- 4 cups Corn
- 2 Red Bell Peppers diced, not too small
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup water-packed Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high; prepare large grill basket with oil-spray coating; gather/measure ALL ingredients
- Toss ZUCCHINI in 1/4 cup OLIVE OIL; place into grill basket; grill until slightly softened (tossing occasionally); empty into a bowl to cool
- Toss CORN and BELL PEPPER in 1/4 cup OLIVE OIL; place into grill basket; grill until slightly softened (tossing occasionally); empty into zucchini bowl to cool
- In a separate bowl, combine FETA, LEMON, GARLIC, PARSLEY, THYME, OLIVE OIL, SALT, and PEPPER and mash together to form dressing.
- Toss veggies with dressing to combine; chill a few hours before serving (overnight is best)
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Easy Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks - 11/16/2019
- 20 Thanksgiving Recipes That are Elegant & Easy…Really! - 11/08/2019
- Sausage Stuffing with Apples - 11/05/2019