Caprese Grilled Peaches are grilled peaches topped with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, sliced almonds, and balsamic glaze drizzle. Serve this sweet and savory, low carb number as an appetizer, side dish, or dessert during peach season!
Grilled Peaches Caprese
Get ready to take summer peaches to a whole new level of scrumptious, Caprese style!
If you love sweet and savory flavors, and you love peaches, just wait until you bite into one with fresh mozzarella, basil, and a balsamic drizzle! This grilled fruit recipe will be your new favorite, seasonal treat!
We actually have a peach tree that goes off every summer and demands a little ingenuity beyond canning. That’s exactly how we came up with this idea a few years ago.
I know it might look elegant and fancy, but trust me, I wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t crazy simple. I’m covering all the bases in detail, but feel free to drop your questions in the comments below. Enjoy!!
Grilled Peaches Caprese Ingredients
- fresh peaches
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
- sliced almonds
- balsamic glaze (I love the one from Trader Joe’s)
Tips to select and prepare peaches for grilling
Tip 1: Select peaches that aren’t too ripe. Gently press into each peach with your finger to test firmness. If they indent too easily, they’re probably too ripe. You can still use them, but it might get messy.
Tip 2: Rinse the surface of peaches under cool water and allow to dry
Tip 3: Slice peaches in half and remove pits.
Tip 4: Brush peaches with olive oil.
How to grill peaches
Step 1: Preheat grill to medium heat.
Step 2: Brush grill surface with oil.
Step 3: Carefully place peach halves face down.
Step 4: Grill the peaches 3-5 minutes until the peach becomes tender. If you want perfect grill marks, step away from the peaches. Don’t move them once they’re on the grill.
Step 5: Use tongs to carefully turn peaches over and allow to grill another 3-5 minutes. You want them tender, yet firm enough to not fall apart.
How to serve grilled peaches
- As a beautiful side dish straight from the grill and onto the plate.
- As a warm dessert with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon with a scoop of ice cream.
- As a warm dessert with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Caprese style! Keep reading…
How to make Caprese-style peaches on the grill
Step 1: Place fresh mozzarella cheese into the pitted area of the grill cut side.
Step 2: Continue grilling to allow mozzarella to become warm and melted (about 3 minutes).
Step 3: Using tongs, gently remove peach halves and transfer to a serving platter.
Step 4: Sprinkle basil and sliced almonds over the surface, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Caprese grilled peach recipe tips
Ingredient Temperature: Bring peaches and mozzarella to room temperature before cooking to ensure optimal, even heat distribution.
Serving: Serve peaches warm for optimal texture and appearance.
Storage: Store peaches in a chilled, airtight container. Fair warning, they won’t be as pretty as they were when they came off the grill.
Substitutions: Feel free to substitute your favorite creamy, white cheese in this recipe.
Grab More Peach Recipes!
What to serve with grilled peaches caprese
Grilled Peaches Caprese
- 4 6 oz Peaches rinsed, halved & pitted
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil to brush on peaches
- 1/4 lb Fresh Mozzarella preferably at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- 8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Balsamic Glaze
- Brush the surface of peach halves with EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
To grill the peaches:
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Clean and brush the grill surface.
- Carefully place PEACH halves face down on the grill surface.
- Grill the peaches 3-5 minutes until the peach becomes tender. If you want perfect grill marks, don't move them once they’re on the grill. Resist the temptation 😉
- Using tongs, carefully turn peaches over and allow to grill another 3-5 minutes. You want them tender and somewhat firm and don’t want them to fall apart during handling.
For the Caprese part:
- Place FRESH MOZZARELLA into the pitted area of the grill cut side.
- Continue grilling to allow mozzarella to become warm and melted (about 3 minutes).
- Using tongs, gently remove peach halves and transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle chopped BASIL and SLICED ALMONDS over the surface, and drizzle with balsamic glaze; serve warm.