I do declare, the dawg days of summer happen to be some of the best! I mean, tomatoes are goin off, peaches are goin off, it’s too hot to cook indoors, you know the deal. Soooo, check out this Grilled Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa…but only if you’re in the mood for a Texi-Mexi fiesta that heats up your taste buds in the sweetest way!
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa
Ok, so I’ve been on a peach kick lately. But hey, I do this every year because we have a peach tree in our yard and the season begs for new recipes to be written. So, the same day I made and photographed my Peach Pico de Gallo Tomato Salsa recipe, I made these tacos.
These killah tacos! I just realized how good these would be with my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice. Yum!
It’s too bad we had to WAIT to eat them until after I photographed them because, good gawd they were so delicious cold and would have been off the hook if we had eaten them at proper temperatures like normal people do. You know, warm chicken, warm tortilla, chilled salsa, uhh you get the point.
Ahhh, the life of a content creator.
Now, back to these tacos, I actually like to use a “meal prep” approach because they’re so conducive to being made-ahead and served later.
Here are the steps I use:
- Make the Peach Salsa (chill 2 hours or overnight)
- Prepare/chop the garnish items
- Grill the chicken breast (slice, cover, and refrigerate…if serving later)
- When ready to serve, warm the chicken (microwave is fine); toast the tortillas on a hot griddle
- Assemble the tacos; top with garnish…and devour!
Ingredients you’ll need (see full recipe below):
- chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- corn tortillas
- my crazy delish peach salsa
- fresh corn
- Cotija cheese
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!