Peach season…game on! My Gluten Free Peach Blackberry Crisp recipe might just become your new favorite fruit crisp recipe…because it’s so EASY and so. dang. good!
Gluten Free Peach Blackberry Crisp
Allow me to introduce my FAVORITE things about this recipe:
What I LOVE about the filling:
- Can substitute apples for the peaches when it’s apple season
- Can substitute other ingredients for the Blackberries (Cherries, Strawberries, Rhubarb, Blueberries)
- No need to peel/blanch peaches, just cut into chunks
- Mix filling ingredients; sprinkle crumble, and bake
What I LOVE about the crisp topping:
- Naturally gluten-free and NO weird ingredients
- Coconut sugar-sweetened with a lighter texture
- Less butter than traditional crisps, but still tastes rich and delicious
- Uses walnuts…omg, this might be my favorite part of the topping
- Kids LOVE helping mix and sprinkle the crumble over the top!
I tested this recipe a few times last week…and it’s finally yours to keep! You’ll love it that you can get the filling in the pan in under 15 minutes, and top it with the crumble in a few more minutes.
As stated in the recipe below, I do recommend sticking the crisp under a low broiler flame to help brown the topping at the end of the baking cycle.
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Cheers to fresh fruit, Lodge cast iron, and always, to our health.
Be sure to check out my Gluten Free Black Eyed Brownies too!
Special equipment used:
- 10” Lodge cast iron skillet (or any 8×8 baking dish)
- Handheld, wire pastry mixer (or your hands will work just fine)