This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Garlicky Roasted Mushrooms are a juicy, delectable side dish for any cooking skill level. These oven roasted mushrooms will complete any meal with only 5-minute prep and 10-minute bake time. They're also approved for most diets, making them pretty much 'miracle food'.
Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms
My favorite thing about this roasted mushroom recipe is how much flavor you get from so few ingredients and such simple steps. Oven roasted mushrooms generally need much less oil than stove sautéed mushrooms. In the oven, they baste in their natural juices, so you only need a light coating of oil, and they always come out perfectly tender and juicy.
Roasted mushrooms recipe ingredients
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
What's the difference between roasted mushrooms and baked mushrooms?
The words baked and roasted are often interchangeably used, but they technically have two meanings. Both methods refer to a dry-heat source in the oven, and The Kitchn explains how the temperature for roasting is actually higher than for baking, which results in a browned-exterior with moist interior. Which also means YUMMM!
These oven roasted mushrooms...
- are vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, keto, low carb, and whole 30 approved
- take 5 minutes to prep and about 10 minutes to bake
- require only a light coating of oil to bake, unlike sautéing
- are the juiciest mushrooms that literally burst with flavor
- can conveniently cook in the same oven with roast chicken, fish, and beef entrees at 400°
Roasted mushroom recipe steps
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add mushrooms to bowl with olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh chives, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to combine (you want the garlic to stick to the mushrooms).
- Place on baking sheet and dust mushrooms with garlic powder.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until sizzling. Serve warm.
Oven roasted mushrooms can be baked in conventional oven or countertop oven. They're perfect for any occasion and require minimal cooking skills. I'm sure you'll find them positively scrumptious, so make plenty!
What to serve with roasted mushrooms
- Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks
- Garlic Butter Grilled Salmon
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Easy Broiled Salmon
Delicious easy mushroom recipes
- Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
Easy side dish recipes
- Baked Smashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon Broccoli Salad with Blue Cheese and Grapes
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad [Instant Pot or Stove]
Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms
- 1 pound Mushrooms wiped clean, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any cooking oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place MUSHROOMS in a mixing bowl with OLIVE OIL, GARLIC, CHIVES, SALT, and PEPPER. Toss gently to coat.
- Scatter mushrooms on a baking sheet and dust with GARLIC POWDER.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until browned to your liking. Serve warm.
- Once cooled, refrigerate roasted mushrooms in an airtight container up to 2 days. Reheat or enjoy chilled.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.