This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Fruit Granola Yogurt Bowl is a mouthwatering bowl of yogurt, fresh fruit, granola, and nuts. Pack in the morning nutrition with this customizable yogurt bowl recipe.
This yogurt bowl recipe is one of my favorite healthy breakfasts. Creamy yogurt is loaded with fresh fruit, homemade granola, and nuts, topped with a maple syrup drizzle. It's a super easy breakfast that can be enjoyed during a relaxing weekend, a casual brunch, or even on the go.
Yogurt bowl ingredients
- Greek yogurt - Use nonfat Greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt.
- banana - Sliced in half.
- orange - Use blood oranges or navel oranges. Grapefruit is delicious too!
- kiwi fruit - These are widely available year round.
- pomegranate arils - These are fresh during winter months and available in packaging during off season.
- granola - Use any variety. Homemade granola is always best for savings and being able to choose healthy ingredients.
- walnuts - Any nuts will work for yogurt bowls.
- maple syrup - Or another liquid sweetener such as date syrup or coconut syrup.
How to make yogurt bowls
- Scoop your favorite yogurt into a bowl
- Add any combination of fresh fruit, granola, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
What can you put in a yogurt bowl?
Here's a list of heart-healthy options that are sure to add color, flavor, texture, and loads of nutrition to your yogurt bowl.
- seasonal, fresh fruit
- homemade granola (or any granola)
- your favorite yogurt
- your favorite liquid sweetener to drizzle
- nuts (I used chopped walnuts and ground pistachio)
- seeds (chia, hemp, etc)
The best fruit for yogurt bowls
I used fall and winter produce for this recipe, specifically blood oranges, pomegranate, and kiwifruit. My general rule for a yogurt bowl – use what's in season. Check out this awesome seasonal fruit guide for reference if you need to check what's in season in your area.
The best yogurt for yogurt bowls
This is a matter of opinion based on your dietary needs. I love my zero fat Greek yogurt like there's no tomorrow. It's one of my go-to ingredients in so many recipes because I love the creamy, dreamy texture, all the protein, all the flavor, without the fat. There are so many yogurt varieties out there - even for vegans. By all means, use the one you love.
Grab these healthy breakfast recipes
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Chocolate Energy Bars (No Bake)
- Vegetarian Crustless Quiche Casserole
- Beetroot Ginger Detox Smoothie
If you love Buddha bowls, grab my Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl Recipe!
Yogurt with Granola Breakfast Fruit Bowl
- Scoop YOGURT into a serving bowl.
- Add fruit: BANANA, ORANGE, KIWI, POMEGRANATE. Drizzle MAPLE SYRUP.
- Sprinkle on dry toppings: GRANOLA, WALNUTS, and PISTACHIO.
- Serve immediately.
- To make ahead, refrigerate yogurt and fruit in an airtight container. Store toppings separately and add just before serving.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.