This Fruit Granola Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is a scrumptious, healthy breakfast recipe made with fresh fruit, homemade granola, and greek yogurt. It’s a quick breakfast that can be made all year with seasonal fruit. Pack in the nutrition!
Fruit Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
Guys, this yogurt breakfast bowl is it-ola!
My mouth literally waters when I see these pics, or even just think about this juicy, comfort food!
It’s a flavor and texture extravaganza…and it’s one of the healthiest breakfasts I’ve ever eaten!
What do you put in a yogurt bowl?
All the things your little heart desires. I personally prefer the colors, flavors, and textures of these 5 things in my yogurt bowls:
- seasonal, fresh fruit
- homemade granola (or any granola)
- nonfat Greek yogurt
- a sweet, syrupy drizzle
- nuts (I’m rocking the chopped walnuts and ground pistachio here)
What’s the best fruit for a yogurt bowl?
I used fall and winter produce for this recipe, specifically blood oranges, pomegranate, and kiwifruit.
My general rule for the yogurt breakfast bowl is to use what’s in season.
Check out this awesome seasonal fruit guide for reference. I’m totally in love with it!
Which yogurt is best for a breakfast bowl?
Well, this is only a matter of opinion, but since you asked…
I love my nonfat Greek yogurt like there’s no tomorrow.
It’s one of my go-to ingredients in so many recipes because I love the creamy, dreamy texture, all the protein, all the flavor, without the fat.
There are so many schools of thought about which yogurt is best. I say…use the one you love to eat by the spoonful.
How to Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
Step 1. Decide how many bowls you need for the week and scale my recipe up as needed (see recipe below).
Step 2. Purchase ingredients in advance of meal prep day.
Step 3. On meal prep day, clean and chop the fruit (except bananas), placing into one container (unless you don’t like ingredients touching).
Step 4. Bake and cool my crispy granola (unless you use packaged); store it separately from wet ingredients to keep it crispy.
Step 5. Scoop the yogurt into airtight serving containers and refrigerate until needed.
Step 6. Assemble each bowl as needed through the week:
- Add a portion of prepared fruit to a yogurt container.
- Peel and slice a banana and add.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top.
- Cover and stow until ready to eat.
Step 7. When ready to eat, slice banana into a bowl, then sprinkle on granola, and nuts, and devour!
Fruit Yogurt Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
- nonfat Greek yogurt (or full-fat)
- blood oranges (or any oranges)
- kiwi fruit
- granola (grab my homemade granola recipe)
- maple syrup
Tools I used for this recipe
- chef knife and cutting board
Grab these other healthy breakfast recipes
If you love Buddha bowls, grab my Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl Recipe!
Fruit Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Banana sliced longways
- 1 Blood Orange peeled and sliced
- 1 Kiwi Fruit peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Granola
- 2 Tbsp Walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp Pistachio ground
- Scoop YOGURT into small serving bowl; add BANANA, GRANOLA, ORANGE, KIWI, and POMEGRANATE SEEDS; drizzle MAPLE SYRUP over fruit and yogurt.
- Just before serving, slice banana into bowl, sprinkle GRANOLA, WALNUTS, and PISTACHIO over the top; serve immediately.