This Vegetarian Crustless Quiche is a low carb breakfast casserole with eggs, bell peppers, mushrooms, and kale. It’s made without crust, so it’s naturally gluten-free. You can even meal prep this healthy breakfast quiche to eat on the go throughout your busy week!
Vegetarian Crustless Quiche
Do you need healthy breakfast ideas to start your day during busy weeks?
This crustless quiche recipe is the ticket! It’s a super easy egg casserole that’s packed with plant-based nutrients.
It’s naturally vegetarian, and it’s scrumptious on its own. But, if you’re a meat eater, it’s versatile enough to add animal protein, such as bacon, sausage, or ham.
Since this is a crustless quiche, there is less to worry about doing right…or wrong.
We still love crust over here, just not for our meal prep quiche recipe.
How do you make Crustless Quiche?
* see full recipe card below
1. Chop all vegetables before you start cooking.
2. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine; whisk in milk and seasonings
3. Saute vegetables in a skillet, then place them into casserole dish prepared with cooking spray.
4. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in the casserole dish.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until eggs have set; (optional) broil 3-4 minutes to brown the top to your liking.
That’s it! So easy!
Crustless quiche rocks our breakfast meal prep
Meal prepping is how this crustless quiche came into existence here at The Kitchen Girl HQ several years ago.
Egg muffin cups used to be our jam, but we wanted to streamline our breakfast meal prep even more.
So, we created a quiche recipe without the crust. It takes less time to make and simply holds up better throughout the workweek.
In other words, there’s no crust to become soggy. Problem solved!
Here’s how we meal prep this recipe:
Step 1. Bake quiche according to recipe instructions and carefully remove from the oven.
Step 2. Allow the quiche to completely cool before cutting and packaging, so it sets up fully.
Step 3. Cut into desired portions and place in airtight, meal prep containers.
Step 4. Reheat as needed on the go, via oven or microwave. It’s even delicious cold!
Crustless quiche is a substitution-friendly breakfast casserole
You can add just about any vegetable, cheese, or protein to this recipe.
We like to add rice to it sometimes, and we almost always use egg whites in partial substitution for the eggs.
The possibilities are endless!
Crustless Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions
- bell peppers (I used orange peppers for this recipe)
- button mushrooms
- kale (or spinach)
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme
- (optional) shredded Asiago cheese
Tools I use for this recipe:
- Chef’s knife and cutting board
- 11” skillet
- 12” x 10” baking dish
- silicone spatula
- airtight food storage containers
Love crustless quiche? Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes!
Vegetarian Crustless Quiche
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper 1/2 cup diced
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups Kale (or spinach) chopped
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk 1%
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh Thyme
- 1 cup Asiago Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°; prepare a 12 x 10 baking dish with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat OLIVE OIL over medium heat.
- Add GARLIC, GREEN ONION, and BELL PEPPERS; sauté until slightly tender (about 2 minutes).
- Add MUSHROOMS; sauté until slightly tender (about 2 minutes).
- Fold in KALE (or spinach); sauté until wilted (about a minute).
- Remove from heat and pour into into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together EGGS, MILK, SALT, PEPPER, and THYME; pour over sautéed veggies in the baking dish; top with ASIAGO CHEESE.
- Bake (uncovered) 35-45 minutes until eggs are set; if you want a browner surface, place casserole under a broiler until brown.
- Carefully remove from oven; serve warm, or allow to cool, cut into pieces, and refrigerate in airtight containers for meal prep.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Thai Coconut Soup - 12/01/2019
- Pear Cranberry Apple Crisp - 11/26/2019
- 14 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes They’ll Love (even if they’re not vegan) - 11/24/2019