Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth is a mild-flavored, broth base for my Feel Better Pho soup recipe. This broth recipe uses a handful of everyday vegetables, ginger root, and garlic for the aromatic flavoring…and that’s it! It’s crazy easy, but there’s no crazy ingredients required.
Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth
This recipe is my 30-minute “cheater” broth because it doesn’t require hours to cook and doesn’t call for any unusual ingredients. Check out the produce list for this broth:
- Green Onion
That’s it! Those are the ingredients (besides sesame oil, water, and salt) that make this recipe so easy and delicious!
And here’s how you get this veggie broth from one-to-done:
Chop and sauté veggies:
Add water to veggies and simmer 20 minutes:
That’s it! No fancy moves…just a few simple steps.
So, how did my Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth recipe come about?
During my first cold this season, I needed some serious nutrients and hydration. No surprise, right? But, I didn’t have any canned, brothy soups on hand (a blessing in disguise).
So, I whipped up my Feel Better Pho soup using my Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth recipe as the soup base.
I realize, a pre-made vegetable broth would have been more convenient, but I was aaaallll set on getting the benefits of a fresh, produce-infused broth. It’s the only way to fly when you’re fighting off a serious cold.
And you don’t need a cold to make this broth. In fact, here are four ways I’ll be using the recipe:
- Ramen or rice noodle soup
- Wonton soup
- Vietnamese-style pho
- Detox sipping broth
Who knew an Asian-style veggie broth could be so easy and versatile?
Here’s a snap of that Feel Better Pho I mentioned earlier. Once the broth is done, you add noodles, cilantro, lime, peanuts, green onions, and jalapeño peppers. That’s how I roll anyway!
I can’t wait for you to get my Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth recipe up your sleeve. Just wait until you taste it!
Cheers to making easy, comfort food from scratch…and always to our health!
Crazy Easy Asian Soup Broth
- Gather ALL ingredients and implement prep steps located next to ingredients (chop, dice, etc).
- In a medium soup pot on medium-high, heat SESAME OIL until shimmering (about 1-2 min).
- To the pot, add GREEN ONIONS, CELERY, GARLIC, and GINGER all at once; sauté and stir until fragrant and slightly tender (2-3 min).
- To this, add CABBAGE and MUSHROOMS; saute until tender (3-4 min).
- Add WATER and SALT; reduce heat, cover and simmer (15-20 min).
- Serve broth for Ramen or rice noodle soup, Wonton soup, Vietnamese-style pho, or a Detox sipping broth
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Easy Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks - 11/16/2019
- 20 Thanksgiving Recipes That are Elegant & Easy…Really! - 11/08/2019
- Sausage Stuffing with Apples - 11/05/2019