This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Asian soup broth is a mild-flavored, broth base for sipping or as an ingredient for other Asian recipes. Simple vegetables, ginger root, and garlic are all you need for this easy recipe.
This recipe is my 30-minute “cheater” broth because it doesn’t require hours to cook and uses everyday ingredients. Here's the list.
- green onion
- sesame oil
That’s it! Those are the ingredients (besides sesame oil, water, and salt) that make this recipe so easy and delicious!
How to make it
Chop and sauté veggies:
Add water to veggies and simmer 20 minutes:
That’s it! No fancy moves…just a few simple steps.
During my first cold of the season, I needed some serious nutrients and hydration. No surprise, right? But, I didn’t have any canned broth on hand.
So, I whipped up this easy Asian-inspired soup base.
When you don't have packaged broth on hand, this fresh, produce-infused broth is even more delicious when you're fighting off a cold.
Beyond the cold though, here are four ways I use this broth recipe:
- Ramen or rice noodle soup
- Wonton soup
- Vietnamese-inspired pho
- Sipping broth
Who knew an Asian-style veggie broth could be so easy and versatile?
Once the broth is done, you can add anything! My go-to mix-ins include noodles, cilantro, lime, peanuts, green onions, and jalapeño peppers.
Cheers to making easy, comfort food from scratch…and always to our health!
Easy Asian Soup Broth
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Green Onions separate stem and stalk
- 1 rib Celery diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 (½ inch piece) Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups Water
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Heat SESAME OIL in a 3 quart soup pot on medium-high heat.
- To the pot, add GREEN ONIONS, CELERY, GARLIC, and GINGER. Sauté until tender, stirring as needed.
- Add CABBAGE and MUSHROOMS and continue sauteing until vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add WATER and SALT. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain and discard vegetables from the liquid.
- Serve warm as a sipping broth or use for other recipes.
- To store, cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to five days.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.