Is it me, or is the 'chopped salad' the best meal prep idea of all time? Of course, I had to publish my recipe for Thai Chopped Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette. It's the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, and mildly spicy. Aaaaand, it's vegan, gluten-free, and loaded with raw veggies!
Thai Chopped Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette
This salad is great for make-ahead lunches or busy weeknight meals.
It’s loaded with fresh, healthy produce and topped with a spicy-sweet vinaigrette, thanks to the chili pepper flakes, fresh ginger and agave nectar.
But, don’t worry about those whole chili pepper flakes getting stuck in your teeth, because they won’t!
Why? We’re using the NutriBullet…or any food processor to process those flakes for more even distribution.
You can’t tell in my picture here, but this process makes the dressing a reddish-pink color…and it’s deeelish!
Make this salad any season of the year!
What’s really great about this chopped salad number is that it doesn’t rely on seasonal items to be successful.
I mean, no doubt, we LOVE our locally-grown produce, but during winter, these fresh ingredients are usually available at most grocery stores. For the win!
Thai Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (finely chopped)
- 5-8 pieces Dino Kale (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 1 cup Edamame
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (optional)
- 2-4 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
And for the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp dried Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp H20
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
For the record, edamame might be my #1 freezer staple, next to blueberries, of course.
Recommended Kitchen Tools
More easy Asian recipes
Check out my crazy popular Asian Quinoa Slaw Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette. It might be one of my most popular recipes to date!
Also, my Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry might be a close second to that Asian slaw.
Vegetable Lo Mein Noodles are the easiest Asian comfort food with ALL the veggies!
Chopped Thai Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce finely chopped
- 5-8 pieces Dino Kale finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 1 cup Edamame
- 1/2 cup Peanuts optional
- 2 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
For the Thai salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine ROMAINE, KALE, CABBAGE, CARROTS, EDAMAME, PEANUTS, GREEN ONIONS, and CILANTRO.
For the vinaigrette (yields 3/4 cup):
- In a food processor or NutriBullet, combine OLIVE OIL, RICE VINEGAR, GINGER, CHILI PEPPER FLAKES, AGAVE, H20, SALT, AND PEPPER; pulse until chili flakes have broken down and creamy consistency is reached; cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, toss veggies and Chili Ginger Vinaigrette together until well-combined.