Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice is a super fast, sweet and savory dish made with cooked rice, vegetables, rotisserie chicken, and Teriyaki sauce. Asian food DIY has never been easier with this super simple recipe. Come see how I get this dish on the table in 20 minutes.
Chicken Teriyaki Fried Brown Rice
This recipe might just be the quickest, busy-weeknight meal I have in my pocket.
It looks and tastes like I worked to make it happen, but the secret sauce to my efficiency is really in the store-bought rotisserie chicken breast and bottled Teriyaki sauce.
Well, those, along with my precooked brown rice, which I almost always have on hand.
And when I don’t, my Instant Pot makes it on-demand.
The steps in this recipe couldn’t be quicker!
- chop veggies and shred the cooked chicken
- sauté veggies, add chicken, rice, and teriyaki sauce
- BOOM!…on your dinner table in a flash.
Can I substitute white rice for brown rice?
Of course you can!
You simply replace the cooked brown rice with white rice.
For me, I prefer brown rice when eating fried rice because it’s more hearty and nutritious.
I think of it as secretly healthy because nobody ever knows they’re eating brown rice.
It’s also one of my favorite Sunday prep items.
Does fried rice make good leftovers?
Heck yeah! Like most cooked foods, it’s even better the second day!
To reheat, you can microwave it or pan sauté it again until warmed through.
Want more ideas on how to use leftover rotisserie chicken?
Ingredients you will need for Chicken Teriyaki Fried Brown Rice:
- extra virgin olive oil
- snap peas (or frozen peas)
- green onions
- rotisserie chicken (or any cooked chicken)
- bottled Teriyaki sauce
- cooked brown rice (or white rice)
Tools I used for this recipe:
* Note: This post has affiliate product links, which allows me to earn commissions when you make purchases through those links (no extra cost to you). THANK YOU for supporting The Kitchen Girl.
I’m a monthly recipe contributor on Amanda’s Cookin’ recipe site and originally published this recipe there in July 2016.