Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice is a 20-minute Asian-inspired recipe with cooked rice, vegetables, shredded chicken, and Teriyaki sauce. It's sweet, savory, and satisfies fried rice cravings in a flash!
This recipe might just be the quickest, busy-weeknight Asian-inspired entree next to my chicken fried rice. It looks and tastes like I worked to make it happen, but the secret sauce to my efficiency is really in the store-bought rotisserie chicken breast and bottled Teriyaki sauce.
Well, those, along with my precooked brown rice, which I almost always have on hand. And when I don't, my Instant Pot makes it on-demand.
- oil - avocado oil is my favorite, high heat oil
- snap peas - or frozen sweet peas
- green onions
- cooked chicken - use store bought rotisserie chicken or Instant Pot shredded chicken breast or air fryer chicken breast.
- Teriyaki sauce - packaged or homemade Teriyaki.
- cooked rice - use stove-cooked, rice cooker, or Instant Pot brown rice. Use any variety of brown rice for this recipe.
How to make this recipe
* See full recipe below
Step 1: Chop veggies or buy pre-chopped (carrots, onion, and snap peas).
Step 2: Saute veggies in a large skillet with oil.
Step 3: Add shredded chicken breast.
Step 4: Stir in rice and teriyaki sauce and heat until warmed through. Serve warm.
Can I use white rice or brown rice in fried rice?
Both! You simply replace the cooked brown rice with white rice. For me, I prefer brown rice when eating fried rice because it's more hearty and nutritious.
I think of it as secretly healthy because nobody ever knows they're eating brown rice. It's also one of my favorite Sunday prep items.
Does fried rice make good leftovers?
Heck yeah! Like most cooked foods, it's even better the second day! To reheat, you can microwave it or pan sauté it again until warmed through.
Easy shredded chicken recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Quick Pickled Carrots and Daikon
- Stir Fry Veggies with Black Bean Sauce
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles [Zoodles Recipe]
- Kale Sesame Noodles
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil, or canola oil
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Snap Peas, or frozen peas
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Cooked Chicken, shredded
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice, or white rice
- In a 4-quart, non-stick skillet, heat OIL over medium until shimmering (about 2 min).
- Add CARROTS, PEAS, and ONION; sauté until lightly browned and slightly softened (3-5 minutes).
- Fold in shredded ROTISSERIE CHICKEN, TERIYAKI SAUCE, and cooked BROWN RICE; continue sautéing over medium heat until warmed through (4-6 minutes); stirring as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, cover and refrigerate up to three days.
- large nonstick skillet or wok
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.
I originally published this recipe on Amanda's Cookin' in July 2016.