Chicken Banh Mi Sliders are the mini version of the classic Vietnamese sandwich. Shredded chicken and quick pickled veggies are piled high on a slider bun with classic Banh Mi toppings.
Why we love banh mi sliders
Banh mi chicken sliders are the party version of a classic Vietnamese sandwich only they're made with slider buns, which puts a unique spin a party classic.
These sliders are made with marinated chicken, pickled carrots and daikon, mayo, sriracha, cilantro, and jalapeno. This flavor combination makes it sweet, salty, spicy, sour, and savory, so it hits all corners of the palate.
- slider rolls - can be substituted with a French baguette for a more traditional sandwich
- chicken breast - This recipe includes instructions for sauteed chicken breast and includes a link for air frying instructions. Also, chicken thighs can be used in place of breast using the same recipe instructions.
- chicken marinade - This is a quick combination of soy sauce, fish sauce, lime, garlic, and sugar.
- sliced cucumber - Optional but recommended.
- fresh cilantro and jalapeno - These are standard banh mi topping ingredients.
- Sriracha sauce - Another key ingredient that adds spicy flavor.
- pickled carrots and daikon - These are a staple condiment on Vietnamese sandwiches.
How to make this recipe
- Prep the chicken by placing it in the quick marinade for 30 minutes (see recipe card below).
- While the chicken is marinating, the quick pickled vegetables can be made. These can be made several days, or even a few weeks, in advance.
- Cook the chicken using saute method (see recipe card below). You can also make air fried chicken breast for a non-stove option.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly, then cut into thin slices.
- Assemble the sliders - spread mayo on slider rolls, distribute chicken and vegetables evenly, top with fresh cilantro, pickled vegetables, sliced jalapeno, and sriracha.
The ingredient prep can be done in advance and it's not too involved. It's a collection of some simple steps that yield HUGE flavor!
More party food recipes
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Honey Hot Wings
- Southwest Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Totchos Tater Tot Nachos
- Garlicky Roasted Mushrooms
- Black Bean Corn Avocado Salsa
Chicken Banh Mi Sliders
For the chicken marinade
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, patted dry with paper towel
For the sandwich
- 9-12 Slider Rolls, or crispy French rolls
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise, or as needed
- 2 cups Pickled Carrots and Daikon
- ½ large English Cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, or as needed
Marinate the chicken
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together GARLIC, FISH SAUCE, LIME JUICE, SUGAR, and SOY SAUCE.
- Add CHICKEN BREAST and stir to coat. Cover and rest 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
To cook the chicken
- Heat a 10" skillet on medium-high with a neutral flavored oil.
- Place chicken breasts on the hot skillet and saute about 3 minutes, or until they release without effort.
- Turn them over and continue sauteing until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and allow to rest 5 minutes under a piece of foil.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- To assemble, spread mayo and distribute ingredients over bottom slider buns. Work from the bottom up in order: CHICKEN, PICKLED VEGETABLES, CUCUMBER, CILANTRO, JALAPEÑOS, and SRIRACHA.
Nutrition data provided as courtesy estimates using unbranded ingredients from a nutrition database. Please consult preferred resource for precise data.