Apple Ginger Beetroot Smoothie is a healthy smoothie recipe made with beets, carrots, ginger, apple, and leafy greens. It’s a delicious way to cleanse your body with NO added sugar and NO dairy. Nothing beats a beet smoothie for a healthy start to any day!
What are the benefits of drinking a beet smoothie?
Beetroot, or beet, is becoming known as a superfood that maintains heart health and blood pressure, supports brain function, aids digestion, and reduces inflammation.
Beets are said to reduce obesity risk and increase energy levels.
That said, I’m making it a point to eat more of this beautiful, root vegetable that I’ve always loved and used in my cooking.
This is exactly why I created this beet smoothie!
How do you prepare beets or beetroot?
Roasting, boiling, and grilling methods are probably the most popular ways to prepare beets.
Can you blend raw beets in a smoothie?
Most definitely…that’s how I always make mine.
I loooooove my NutriBullet Pro 900 for everyday, single-serve, smoothies.
I also use it for milkshakes, salad dressings, chopping nuts, and grinding coffee (really fine!).
One of my fav gadgets of all time!
Vitamix is equally effective, especially if you’re making larger smoothie amounts beyond one or two servings.
Can you make a beet smoothie in a standard blender?
Technically yes, but a regular kitchen blender will leave your smoothies chunky and chewy.
They just don’t pulverize the plant fibers as effectively as high-speed blenders.
Beet smoothie or beet juice?
Both are very popular ways to get health benefits, but when it comes to drinking fruits and vegetables, I prefer blending over juicing across the board because I want all the fiber I can get.
Do you need to peel the beet for this smoothie?
No. But sometimes I do when the beet skin looks “dirty” to me, even after scrubbing the surface with a vegetable brush.
Beetroot Smoothie Ingredients
beetroot – Most widely known as “beets”. The beets are raw for this recipe…no cooking necessary.
apple – Any variety of apple will do the job for this smoothie recipe. The sweeter, the better, since there’s no added sugar to the recipe.
carrots – I like to grate the carrots before adding them to the blender for my beet smoothie because they break down and puree faster and without lumps.
microgreens – I used sunflower sprouts for this recipe, but you can use any microgreens, or leafy greens (like kale or spinach).
ginger – Fresh ginger, not powdered, is a MUST for this recipe.
ice & water
This healthy smoothie recipe brings fiber, potassium, vitamin C, iron, calcium, vitamin B-6, chlorophyll, and enzymes into your diet in a delicious, convenient way!
More healthy, superfood recipes
Apple Ginger Beetroot Smoothie
- 1 Beet stem removed, washed, quartered
- 1 Apple stem removed, washed, quartered
- 1/4 cup Carrots tops removed, washed, loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kale rinsed, drained
- 1 Tbsp Ginger peeled
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- Water as needed to change consistency
- In a high-speed blender, add BEET, APPLE, CARROTS, GREENS, GINGER, and ICE CUBES.
- Add enough water to reach surface of produce and ice.
- Pulse or blend on high speed until smooth (15-30 seconds); don’t overblend (friction causes it to ‘cook’).
- Serve immediately; alternatively, store in freezer and thaw up to one hour before drinking.
- *NOTE: Feel free to add dry or liquid sweetener of choice to this smoothie (cane sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc).
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Thai Coconut Soup - 12/01/2019
- Pear Cranberry Apple Crisp - 11/26/2019
- 14 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes They’ll Love (even if they’re not vegan) - 11/24/2019