This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asparagus Egg Casserole with 5-minute prep, no pre-cooking, and hands-free baking in the air fryer or oven. The mouthwatering combo of bacon, asparagus, and white cheddar cheese makes a delicious, low carb breakfast or brunch entree.
This asparagus breakfast casserole is a restaurant quality entree that looks like you put in more effort than you actually did! This healthy egg bake requires minimal prep and bakes into a scrumptious, elegant casserole in almost no time in the air fryer and 30 minutes in the oven. Egg casseroles always make for a perfect, quick weekend breakfast or an elegant, special occasion brunch. This modestly-sized breakfast can easily be scaled up to feed a crowd.
How to make an asparagus egg casserole
This scrumptious egg casserole can be cooked in a conventional oven or air fryer toaster oven. Either way requires only minimal cooking skills.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, and seasonings.
- Add egg mixture to a prepared baking dish.
- Add other ingredients (asparagus, bacon, and cheese).
- Bake until golden brown and eggs are set.
Asparagus egg casserole takes about 15 minutes in the air fryer and about 30 minutes in a conventional oven.
Tips for the best asparagus breakfast casserole
This casserole is extremely forgiving and totally adaptable.
- Use an extra sharp cheddar or substitute a premium cheese like Gruyere.
- Always use fresh, young asparagus. Because it's thin, it cooks more quickly and keeps the moisture content balanced in the egg casserole.
- Use free-range or farm-fresh eggs because their fresh amber yolks add more color and flavor to the egg casserole.
- If your family or guests aren’t team asparagus, swap it out for another green vegetable like broccoli, broccoli rabe, spinach, or kale.
- Turn your egg casserole into a Tex-mex style breakfast by simply adding peppers, onions, and taco seasoning!
How to make bacon egg casserole vegetarian
If you’re cooking for a vegetarian crowd, simply omit the bacon. You could always substitute a veggie bacon or meatless breakfast sausage to match texture and saltiness. If you don’t want a meat substitute in your egg casserole, consider adding more salt to balance the flavors. Also, check out my Vegetarian Crustless Quiche Recipe.
How long does egg casserole need to cook?
Asparagus egg casserole should have a springy texture, even with ingredients added in. So, it’s important to cook it properly. In the air fryer, cook the casserole for at least 15 minutes, or until eggs are completely set, lightly browned, and have risen slightly. The same will apply in a conventional oven, but the total cook time will be closer to 30 minutes.
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- whisk or fork
- oven (conventional oven or air fryer toaster oven)
- knife and serving utensil
- airtight food storage containers
What to serve with breakfast casserole
When serving egg casserole for brunch, toasted croissants or a French loaf are pretty irresistible. If carbs aren’t your thing or you prefer gluten-free, a light fruit salad with acidic fruits will help cut the savoriness of the bacon and cheese. Pair both with this scrumptious egg and asparagus casserole for a elegant holiday brunch.
More easy breakfast and brunch recipes
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Fruit Granola Yogurt Bowl
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Blood Orange Mimosa
- Lemony Baked Asparagus with Shallots and Garlic
- Banana Bread
- Smoked Salmon Dip with Greek Yogurt
- Egg Puff Pastry
Asparagus and Egg Casserole
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Kitchen Girl.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Half and Half or milk
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 small Asparagus Spears
- ½ cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese or other cheese
- ⅓ cup Crumbled Bacon about 5 slices cooked
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and coat baking dish with cooking spray. On the Instant Omni air fryer toaster oven, I use the "Bake" setting.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together EGGS, HALF AND HALF, SALT, and PEPPER. Pour into baking dish.
- Lay ASPARAGUS SPEARS in the egg mixture and sprinkle BACON, CHEESE, and PARSLEY over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes (conventional oven) or 15 minutes (air fryer oven) until eggs are set and the surface is golden brown.
- Cut into portions and serve warm.
- To store, allow to cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Click stars to vote. Please visit 'Comments' below for reviews.
- Always use fresh, young asparagus because it’s thin, so it cooks more quickly, which prevents the eggs from overcooking.
- Use free-range or farm-fresh eggs because their fresh amber-colored yolks can impact the color and flavor the casserole.
- Substitute the cheddar cheese with Gruyere, provolone, or even goat cheese.
- Substitute the asparagus for a low-moisture vegetable like broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli rabe, spinach, or kale.