Do you love Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice? It’s one of my favorite, fast food staples, so I came up with this simple, copycat Chipotle Rice Recipe since we often have rice leftovers. This ten minute recipe relies on cooked white or brown rice, whether it’s fresh-cooked or a few days old, a little fresh cilantro, and fresh lime.
Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Every week in our house, we steam rice for weekly meal prep.
In fact, this is the very reason I came up with a Cilantro Lime Rice recipe.
Since we meal prep rice in abundance, we always need to repurpose it.
Cilantro lime rice is much less involved than fried rice, yet utilizes our cooked rice.
It’s a 10-minute method that yields a gorgeous, citrusy side dish for any Mexican-inspired meal.
How to make Cilantro Lime rice
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet.
2. Toss in cooked rice [brown or white] and heat until warmed through, stirring as needed.
3. Stir in fresh lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
4. Watch your people devour it!
* Full recipe available in recipe card below
Now you know how to make copycat Chipotle rice, the healthy, easy way!
Can I make Cilantro Lime Rice with white or brown rice?
It’s your preference because, once cooked, both types of rice require the exact same instructions for this Chipotle rice recipe.
What will matter is if you must first cook the rice before turning it into cilantro rice, since white and brown rice require different cooking times.
Once you’ve mastered this ten minute rice, and you serve it at your next Mexican feast, trust me, your guests will be begging for your copycat Chipotle rice recipe.
Go ahead, spill all the secrets!
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients:
- avocado oil
- cooked rice (white or brown)
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
Tools you’ll need for this recipe:
If you like Cilantro Lime Rice, you’ll enjoy these other healthy Mexican recipes too!
Ten minutes and a few everyday ingredients gets you this Black Bean Corn Salsa that’s the perfect starter for any party!
Check out my Avocado Ranch Dressing where avocados are combined with nonfat Greek yogurt and a little mayo for a creamy, healthier fat option than a typical ranch.
This Restaurant Style Salsa in is sure to round out your appetizer spread too!
My Southwest Vegan Tortilla Soup is ready in 30 minutes and is super scrumptious!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 cups Brown Rice (or White) cooked
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat AVOCADO OIL until shimmering on medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add RICE; sauté and stir until thoroughly warmed (4-5 minutes).
- Add LIME JUICE; continue heating and stir until juice is absorbed (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat; add CILANTRO, SALT, and BLACK PEPPER; gently toss to combine.