How to Spring Clean Your Kitchen Without Throwing Away Your Weekend
It’s another spring weekend and I’m daydreaming about awesome, mini-adventures I might fulfill over the next few days. I’m also obsessing a little…over where I’ll find time to spring-clean my kitchen this season…now that winter is officially over.
Womp, womp, womp.
But, we all know spring-cleaning is time-consuming and back-breaking…ain’t nobody got time for that!
But the job needs to be done.
So, here at TKG HQ, we’re ditching the old way of thinking that we have to spend two whole days, laboriously scrubbing every inch of the kitchen. And, we’re picking up a new approach that gets sparkly results with time to spare. It works so well, I’m using the same strategy in my business goals with great success!
Here’s the deal…
- Organize that big, scary spring-cleaning list into smaller, related segments (I’ve included mine in this post).
- Plan these segments into your schedule over the next few weeks by blocking them into 20-90 minute time frames. (Sneak them in if you must, but commit by all means possible)
- Tune everything out for said time blocks…and don’t get distracted. Stay on task.
- Reclaim what is rightfully yours (the weekend) to focus on what’s really important (time with loved ones, leisure, and special projects.)
I like lists…and I like you. So, I created the downloadable Spring-Cleaning Kitchen Checklist so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. I kept the list basic but functional, because no two kitchens are the same.
Ok, so let’s hang on to our precious weekends and still get our kitchens all squeaky clean…the smart way!
Cheers to reclaiming our time…and always to our health!
REFRIGERATOR AND FREEZER
Purge inedible items
Wipe shelves and drawers
Label open containers with a ‘use by’ date
APPLIANCES (refer to owner’s manual for cleaning instructions)
Discard year-old spices
Wash & reuse containers
Inventory and restock
Discard expired product
Inventory and restock
Food Storage Containers (recycle/donate mismatches)
Cookware (recycle/donate mismatches)
Utility Drawers (remove everything; decrumb; disinfect)
Dishware cabinets (remove everything; decrumb; disinfect)
Table and chairs
Sink basins and drains
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017
- Grammie’s Tomato Bread - 06/15/2017
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Tomato Salad - 06/07/2017