Everyone needs an easy, smoked salmon spread recipe in their collection because you never know when fluffy, cream-cheese dip obsessions will strike. So, I created a recipe and a video for Smoked Salmon Spread with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Dill. Now, it’s your turn to go throw down on this stuff!
Smoked Salmon Spread with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Dill
Ever wonder how to serve smoked salmon as an appetizer…and make it exciting? This spread…is it! I recently served it to party guests (right after shooting the recipe video) and it was a hit!! Watch out though, if you’re not keeping up with party dip maintenance, you’ll turn your head and WHAM, empty bowl!
What I didn’t tell my guests was that they were eating a lightened up version of smoked salmon dip; i.e., I used nonfat Greek yogurt and a light cream cheese (my usual antics) in an effort to knock down a few fat calories.
That’s right…I trick my people all the time with my low-fat friendly dips. And you can too! Check out my Guiltless French Onion Dip or Avocado Ranch Dressing recipes for more secretly healthy trickery!
How to keep salmon affordable with party guests…
This salmon spread recipe…is the ticket. Think about this…if you serve sliced, smoked salmon on a platter to party guests, you have no control over how many slices are eaten by your guests, and the dollars add up real quick.
But if you fold portioned amounts of salmon into a cream cheese and Greek yogurt base, and serve it on a tray with crackers, bread, and vegetables, you’re covering a lot more ground with less cost.
So, buy smoked salmon in bulk, freeze it in 4oz portions, thaw as needed, and create beautiful, extravagant, party dips. (Note: Trader Joe’s now offers Smoked Salmon Ends and Pieces…it’s cheaper…woohoo!)
So, how do you make salmon dip or spread?
- Combine and blend cream cheese, Greek yogurt, horseradish, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire.
- Fold in smoked salmon and dill; then chill.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- cream cheese (I use light cream cheese)
- Greek yogurt (I use nonfat)
- prepared horseradish
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- fresh dill
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
VIDEO: Smoked Salmon Spread with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Dill
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017
- Grammie’s Tomato Bread - 06/15/2017
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Tomato Salad - 06/07/2017