It’s not business, it’s aaallll personal with my Skinny-ish Skillet Tortilla Pizza. This pepperoni personal pan-inspired pizza is not smothered in sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, but delivers the same indulgent flavors, in a skinny-ish, tapas-style serving. Nobody goes hangry with this 10 minute problem solver!
Skinny-ish Skillet Tortilla Pizza
As a recipe writer, I often get asked for dinner ideas for kids and adults, or kid-friendly recipes that kids can make, or dinner recipes for two adults, or one. This skillet tortilla pizza is ALL of those problems…solved.
I’ve been doing this style of pizza for years. Here’s what I LOVE about it:
- I waaaaaant pizza, but I want less of a calorie extravaganza. Best of both worlds here.
- I love thin crust…I love any crust!
- Pizza take-out gets expensive…this is super affordable.
- I control my ingredients…and avoid being the crazy person with the poor pizza guy on the phone.
- I can cross-utilize the ingredients with other meals = more savings.
- I don’t have to leave my house for pizza.
- I can make this in the summer, dude!
- They’re so damn cute and delish.
So, how do you make skillet tortilla pizza? Here are the simple steps:
- Turn broiler to high
- Heat oil in skillet on med-high
- Brown tortilla on both sides
- Add sauce, cheese, and other toppings
- Toss whole skillet under broiler for browning (or cover with lid, if no broiler)
- Cut and serve
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- extra virgin olive oil
- whole wheat tortilla
- pizza sauce
- part-skim mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Tools I use for this recipe:
- 10″ cast iron skillet
- sauce-schmearing utensil
- toaster oven (optional for browning)
- fine grater
- silicone oven mitt
- 10″ pizza baking tray
- pizza wheel / cutter
Check out my other skinny-ish recipes…it’s kinda my thing!
- Skinny Taco Skillet in 30 Minutes
- Skillet Tuna Casserole Lightened Up
- Meatless Burrito Bowls
- Guiltless French Onion Dip
* Note: This post has affiliate links and I receive a small commission for your purchases…at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl! Let me know if you have any product questions!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms - 05/22/2017
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 05/20/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 05/07/2017