I can practically live on three foods…bean puree, corn tortilla chips, and my 5 Minute Mexican Restaurant Blender Salsa. Seriously, I hardly ever buy store-bought salsa since I started making this recipe years ago. If you have a blender or food processor…you’re halfway there.
5 Minute Mexican Restaurant Blender Salsa
Ok, I’ll be honest…my top choice for salsa is always fresh Pico de Gallo…but only when tomato season is jamming. When it’s not (which is much of the year), I need mah salsa fix in 5 minutes or less…with canned, diced tomatoes, like Rotel.
Tomato season or not, blender salsa always delivers. It’s super dependable…and super delish!
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- Takes 5 minutes!
- Practically effortless…a couple chops and slices gets everything into blender, pulse, and done!
- Can be eaten immediately, but develops better flavor over a few days.
- Fulfills last-minute salsa cravings…like really last-minute!
- Money saver – have you paid attention to the price of canned salsa?!
- You control the salt…and sugar. Yes, some salsas are made with sugar. Why? Why? WHY?!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this simple recipe:
- canned diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- Serrano pepper
- fresh garlic
Here are the tools I use for this recipe:
Other easy Mexican recipes:
If you’re gonna make this salsa, might as well make my Chipotle Copycat Cilantro Lime Brown Rice recipe. Takes a whole 10 minutes as long as you start with cooked rice. Also, you can serve this salsa, with the dressing, on my Meatless Burrito Bowls recipe. It’s super easy, and perfect for lunch or dinner.
* Note: This post contains affiliate links and I receive a small commission for your purchases at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Kitchen Girl and feel free to ask me product questions…I’m happy to help!
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice - 07/14/2017
- No Churn Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt - 06/28/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017