One Pot Ham and Peas Alfredo is a post-holiday, leftovers-gone-right, kind of comfort food. It’s got all the right stuff…holiday ham, sweet peas, pasta shells, and a creamy, dreammmy alfredo sauce. It’s made in one pot…in 20 minutes. Boom!
One Pot Ham and Peas Alfredo
Trying to repurpose leftover ham into something not boring? I always love a good challenge. This week, the goal was to create a recipe around a hunk of ham, leftover from Sunday’s Easter dinner with friends. Turns out…this was my jam!
I threw a few on-hand ingredients (including the ham) into one pot, and made some dinner magic happen. Meals don’t always go like this, but with this recipe, it totally went like this. You need this recipe.
Talk about a no fuss dinner! This dish requires a few, quick prep steps, like chopping onion, grating garlic, and dicing ham. But after that, here are my simple steps to get this one-skillet business on the dinner table:
- sauté onion and garlic
- add chicken stock and pasta shells; boil until soft
- add frozen peas, diced ham, and half and half
- stir in parmesan cheese
Here are the everyday ingredients that go into this dreamy, comfort dish:
- extra virgin olive oil
- white onion
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- uncooked pasta shells (I used orecchiette)
- frozen peas
- diced ham
- half and half
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife and cutting board
- microplane fine grater (for cheese)
- garlic press
- 11” stainless skillet (no lid necessary)
- wooden spoon
If you’re diggin’ the creamy comfort pasta dish, check out my Sun-Dried Tomato Vodka Chicken recipe. Or check out my Daytime Ale and Jack Chili Mac…made with Lagunitas Brewery Daytime Ale. Both dishes are aimed at satisfying primal, pasta cravings.
* Note: This post has affiliate links and I receive a small commission for your purchases…at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl!
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.