Every holiday season, we all have the same dilemma…too many turkey leftovers and an overextended budget. Of course, turkey sandwiches (for days) are a no-brainer, but how can we really stretch out our holiday ingredients and save money? We make No Dough Turkey Pot Pie Soup a day or two after our holiday feast. It’s a solid, delicious plan!
No Dough Turkey Pot Pie Soup
During holiday season, it’s great to always a good idea to avoid wasting food by cross-utilizing ingredients. There’s always tons of turkey leftover, but if you also have a surplus of raw produce, such as onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes, you’ll put them straight to work with this recipe.
As the title indicates, there is NO dough, crust, or gluten flour used in this recipe, so the gluten-free peeps can finally enjoy a pot pie soup.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- chickpea flour
- 1% milk
- reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- cooked turkey (or chicken)
- frozen corn
- frozen peas
- thyme, bay leaf, salt, black pepper
Here are the easy steps to get ‘No Dough Turkey Pot Pie Soup’ on the table in an hour:
- gather ingredients
- sauté produce
- add flour and milk to create chowder-type sauce
- add all other ingredients
- bring to boil, simmer, and eat
Kitchen tools you’ll find helpful for No Dough Turkey Pot Pie Soup:
Other ways to repurpose cooked turkey (or rotisserie chicken):
- Healthy Turkey Waldorf Salad is another lightened up, deli-style salad…great for sandwiches or served over lettuce greens.
- 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a seriously, crazy-fast comfort food. Maybe the fastest one in my recipe vault!
- Easy Peasy Fried Rice is always a good way to put leftover turkey or chicken to work.
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.