How do you convert one lonely can of chickpeas into utter awesomeness? You grab my recipe for Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad. There’s a reason this is such a popular recipe! It’s where nutrition, flavor, and texture all meet up, dance on your taste buds, and remind you that eating healthy doesn’t suck.
Lemony Kale Chickpea Avocado Salad
Oh, how I love this salad…let me count the ways:
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free, and no added sugars
- 15-minutes…couldn’t be easier to assemble
- Uses common ingredients found in most grocery stores…and pantries
- NO cooking required
- Loaded with nutritious ingredients
- Zingy flavors…combined with soft and crunchy textures. Boom!
- Holds up well in the fridge for a few days, but doesn’t last that long around me.
- Totally NOT boring!
Here are the ingredients you need for this salad:
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- kale (Dino or curly)
- can of garbanzo beans
- ripe avocado
That’s it! This recipe is crazy-easy and can literally be thrown together just before serving, or a day in advance. It’s a great side dish during dinner, or packs nicely into your weekday lunch.
Here are the tools you’ll find helpful for this recipe:
Just like the recipe for this salad, I’m keeping this blog post short and simple. But, drop me a line in the comments below telling me that you’ll be getting this lemony salad all up in your belly. As always, I just want you to see for yourself how easy and delicious “healthy” can be.
Wanna know three other ways to convert 1 can of chickpeas into nutritious, vegan meals?:
- In-A-Hurry Kale Chickpea Soup is a 15-minute, vegan, gluten free, soup that’s budget friendly and loaded with nutrition.
- Chickpea Smash: Eggless Egg Salad is a 5-minute solution to a vegan sandwich craving!
- Vegan Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry – is a 30-minute pot of comfort food, loaded with fresh vegetables simmered in a curry and coconut milk sauce.
Cheers to simple, healthy, salads…and always, to our health!
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Crabless Cakes: Zucchini Quinoa Mini Fritters - 03/06/2017
- Bananas Foster Mini Skillet Flambé - 02/24/2017
- Mint Leaf Shamrock Shake: Natural Green Food Color - 02/15/2017