Kale is not dead…not even a little. It’s alive and well…been a staple ingredient in our house forever. So, it should come as no surprise that kale chips aren’t dead either. How could they be? They’re sooooo good! Not sure? try these Hippie Dust Roasted Kale Chips!
Hippie Dust Roasted Kale Chips
Yo, what’s Hippie Dust? If you don’t know, then I haven’t been making a big enough deal about it. My apologies…it’s only the best, sprinkled condiment on the planet. Loaded with Vitamin B, textured like a feather-light, grated cheese, and adds a nutty flavor to everything you put it on.
Then there’s kale, which is totally not dead. I know, some may argue. But, when you put those two things together with a little olive oil and a few other seasonings, roasted kale chips are still a timeless alternative to fried snacks. Even now, in 2017!
They’re baked…not fried! It’s a no-brainer, really. The crispy texture and savory flavors are pretty comparable to the fried snack experience…but only if done right. The good news, it’s pretty easy to do them right.
Bonus! Kale is readily available at just about any grocery store during any season. Boom!
Easy steps to make Hippie Dust Roasted Kale Chips
- wash and paper-towel dry kale; tear in to pieces
- massage olive oil into kale for a few minutes
- sprinkle on hippie dust and other seasonings
- spread on baking sheet
Ingredients you will need for Hippie Dust Roasted Kale Chips:
- curly kale
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
Looking for a few more healthy snack recipes? Kids and adults love to eat these Healthy Herb-Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzos). They’re as easy as the kale chips! The littles also love these Chocolate Monkey Bites (No-Bake Energy Bars) that are naturally sweetened with dates. Lastly, these Black Truffle Salted Dark Chocolate Drizzled Nuts are one of my favorite sweet and salty, natural, homemade snacks.
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission for any sales…at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms - 05/22/2017
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 05/20/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 05/07/2017