Here’s a ridiculously addictive dip that’s part of my eternal, less-calorie, more-protein, healthy-eating campaign. Between you and me, it really just means I disguise healthy ingredients as seemingly indulgent dips, dressings, deli salads, casseroles…anything and everything, actually. So, allow me to introduce one of my all-time-fav snacks/appetizers. It’s my super-easy, creamy, Guiltless French Onion Dip.
Guiltless French Onion Dip
This here…oh dear…there are SO many things to love about this dip!
- Made with mostly Nonfat Greek yogurt, so you’re getting a bunch of added protein (and way less calories) than a mayo or sour cream-based dip.
- Takes 5 minutes to whip this up guys…only 5 minutes…then ya chill!
- You’re in complete control of your ingredients – this means you avoid unnecessary, added sugars, salt, and MSG that you might find in a pre-packaged dip.
- It’s vegetarian-friendly!
- Besides the yogurt and mayo, the other ingredients are probably in your pantry.
- It’s good on veggies, chips, sandwiches…you name it!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Dried onion flakes
- Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Here are the tools you’ll find handy
- small mixing bowl
- stainless whisk
- glass storage container
This guiltless dip recipe has been tried and tested on many, many occasions with multiple people…even kids! The results?…BOOM, always a hit! You can make this dip a day or two in advance…for any occasion. I’ve made it for picnics, dinner parties, lunch boxes, sandwich spreads, tailgating appetizers, and midnight snacks!
Cheers to the dip you’ll want to make during any season for every occasion…and always to our health!
This recipe was originally published to Amanda’s Cookin’ in May, 2016.
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Crabless Cakes: Zucchini Quinoa Mini Fritters - 03/06/2017
- Bananas Foster Mini Skillet Flambé - 02/24/2017
- Mint Leaf Shamrock Shake: Natural Green Food Color - 02/15/2017