Forget the expensive meat substitutes with this easy, affordable meatless Monday, marinated, grilled mushroom steaks! Use them for sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Marinated Grilled Portobello Mushroom Mini Steaks are a delicious, meatless mouthful that rocks the flavor!
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Mini Steaks
Here’s what we LOVE about this recipe:
- It’s vegetarian…actually, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
- The marinade uses mostly white wine and water for the liquid, so it uses less oil…bonus!
- The marinating process takes only 30 minutes, not the typical two hours required for animal proteins. (note: but you can marinate up to 8 hours if you like)
- Grilling the mushrooms takes under 15 minutes…and they’re so. dang. delicious!
- You can eat these mushroom steaks warm or cold. Trust me, they rock either way.
- Grilled Portobello mushrooms are a super-easy weekly prep item and are perfect for your Meatless Monday meal.
Here’s how we like to eat the mushroom steaks…and yum! to each of them:
- With our fingers…can’t help it!
- Stuffed inside sandwich wraps with other vegetables.
- In place of traditional ground beef hamburger meat.
- As a key ingredient inside Asian Spring Rolls
- Served as an entrée over polenta, or brown rice, or whole-grain pasta, or quinoa, and topped with your favorite sauce.
You’ll notice I’m using a grill basket for this recipe. We love our Weber Grill Basket because it prevents the veggies from falling through the grill. You can live without it, but it’s a really convenient tool.
We make this recipe twice a month because we love Portobello mushrooms, grilling, and eating vegetarian as often as possible. So, I hope you’ll jump on board with this idea and make your Meatless Mondays even easier.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- portobello mushroom caps
- dry white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- vinegar or orange juice
- garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
* Note: This post has affiliate links and I receive a small commission for your purchases…at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms - 05/22/2017
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 05/20/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 05/07/2017