When grilling season hits, you need an easy, meatless griller that’s inexpensive, not processed, and tastes damn good, right? I think that’s not too much to ask…so hop on board with my recipe for Marinated Grilled Portobello Mushroom Mini Steaks. Once grilled, you can use them for sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Sky’s the limit!
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Mini Steaks
Here’s what we LOVE about this recipe:
- It’s vegetarian…actually, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
- The marinade uses mostly white wine and water for the liquid, so it uses less oil…bonus!
- The marinating process takes only 30 minutes, not the typical two hours required for animal proteins. (note: but you can marinate up to 8 hours if you like)
- Grilling the mushrooms takes under 15 minutes…and they’re so. dang. delicious!
- You can eat these mushroom steaks warm or cold. Trust me, they rock either way.
- Grilled Portobello mushrooms are a super-easy weekly prep item and are perfect for your Meatless Monday meal.
Here’s how we like to eat the mushroom steaks…and yum! to each of them:
- With our fingers…can’t help it!
- Stuffed inside sandwich wraps with other vegetables.
- In place of traditional ground beef hamburger meat.
- As a key ingredient inside Asian Spring Rolls
- Served as an entrée over polenta, or brown rice, or whole-grain pasta, or quinoa, and topped with your favorite sauce.
You’ll notice I’m using a grill basket for this recipe. We love our Weber Grill Basket because it prevents the veggies from falling through the grill. You can live without it, but it’s a really convenient tool.
We make this recipe twice a month because we love Portobello mushrooms, grilling, and eating vegetarian as often as possible. So, I hope you’ll jump on board with this idea and make your Meatless Mondays even easier.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- portobello mushroom caps
- dry white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- vinegar or orange juice
- garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
* Note: This post has affiliate links and I get a small commission for your purchases…at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Kitchen Girl…and let me know if you have any product questions.
Latest posts by Traci (see all)
- Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice - 07/14/2017
- No Churn Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt - 06/28/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 06/25/2017