Summer’s still on and it’s officially ‘peach week’ here at The Kitchen Girl headquarters. If you saw my recent Peach NutriBullet Milkshake post, you’d know that we’re getting creative with our bumper crop, so it’s only fair that we include our Grilled Peaches Caprese with Balsamic Glaze. Uhm, because they rock!
Grilled Peaches Caprese with Balsamic Glaze
My collection of seasonal recipes is always a work in progress. This one happens to be very specific to peaches because, we are abundant with them…and we’re not interested in turning on the oven during the dawg days of summer. So, we fire up the grill and make this super-easy recipe that looks fancy, but isn’t. What’s great about this number is that we can use it as an appetizer, dessert, or snack. I’ve eaten it twice in the same day for those occasions!
Here’s how simple it is to make these summer beauties (see recipe below for details):
- Slice peaches in half and remove pits
- Sprinkle sugar on the inside half
- Grill face down for a few minutes, turn over, add cheese
- When cheese melts, transfer peaches to a serving plate
- Garnish with sliced almonds, basil, and balsamic glaze
A few notes about the fresh mozzarella in this recipe:
- Bring the fresh mozzarella to room temperature for faster melting on the grill.
- Serve the grilled peaches immediately, as the cheese texture will be at its best.
- Feel free to substitute any cheese in this recipe (consider blue cheese and chives, or goat cheese and mint).
Want more ideas on using fresh peaches?
If you don’t mind running your oven during peach season, check out my Peach and Berry Crumble or my Gluten Free Peach Blackberry Crisp recipes. Both are easy, delicious ways to use that bumper crop of peaches!
Ingredients you’ll need for Grilled Peaches Caprese with Balsamic Glaze:
- White sugar
- Fresh basil
- Sliced almonds
- Balsamic glaze
Tools you’ll need for this recipe:
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Crabless Cakes: Zucchini Quinoa Mini Fritters - 03/06/2017
- Bananas Foster Mini Skillet Flambé - 02/24/2017
- Mint Leaf Shamrock Shake: Natural Green Food Color - 02/15/2017