Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup is a true, toss-and-go crockpot recipe with no hidden steps, no unusual ingredients, no learning curve, and the chicken falls apart effortlessly. We even included a video to prove how easy it is in my all-in-one slow cooker.
Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup
Wanna know the secret to making fall-apart chicken vegetable crockpot soup? Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs. Yep, only took my whole lifetime to realize it because I was always so set in my ways to use boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (as a healthier choice).
But when it comes to crockpot cooking, boneless white meat overcooks too easily and dries out. It pretty much resembles a thick, chunk of leather. I know you know what I’m talkin’ about here. So…I’m ok with a few calories and a little extra fat from thigh meat. After all, it’s still considered a lean meat choice – and the flavor and texture…totally worth it!
What are my favorite things about using boneless, skinless, chicken thigh meat in crockpot cooking?
- You can slow cook it for 2 hours or 8 hours…it’s tender and juicy either way.
- It falls apart so easily, you can shred it with a pair of tongs in one hand.
- There’s NO bones or gristle to sift out, which shaves off time and energy.
- Flavor, yo!
What slow cooker did I use in the video?
Any crock-pot will handle this soup, but I used the Aroma Professional Plus Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer. I love this thing because it’s an all-in-one cooker that makes perfect quinoa and steel cut oats. Super affordable too…under $50!
Here are the easy steps to get Fall Apart Chicken Vegetable Crockpot Soup from one to done :
- chop vegetables
- gather other ingredients
- throw everything in a slow cooker
- set cooker on low or high
- during last 1/2 hour, add peas and corn
- just before serving, shred chicken
- (optional) top with shredded parmesan cheese when serving
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- chicken stock
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme
- bay leaf
- peas and corn
Kitchen tools you’ll find helpful for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board
- Aroma professional plus rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer or crock-pot
- baking sheet
- serving ladle (stainless steel)
Wanna go even simpler than this crockpot recipe?
Check out my Simple Baked Chicken Leg Drumsticks for the nights when you need hands-free dinner in under an hour.
Be sure to add these soup/chili recipes to your collection too!
Southwest Sweet Potato Quinoa Black Bean Chili is ready in 60 minutes…just like my Meatless Lentil Chili. My Vegan Chili with NO Weird Ingredients is another winner that can slow cook all day, or is ready in a few hours. In a super-duper hurry? Here’s my 10 Minute Pesto Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!