Wanna see people go all kinds of crazy for broccoli? Whip up this Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad recipe for your next summer picnic. Seriously, this is the summer salad where sweet, salty, and savory all meet up and literally dance in your mouth.
Broccoli Bacon Grape Blue Cheese Salad
As a former, gourmet deli manager (here in the NorCal wine country), I quickly learned which deli salads were in highest demand…and hardest to keep on the shelves. We served a couple of styles of broccoli bacon salad made by a local company. By far, the most popular one had fresh, juicy, red grapes in it and was tossed in a gorgonzola cheese dressing….or it had gorgonzola crumbles, I don’t recall. Either way, the folks went aaall cray-cray over it! There’s a reason you see this grape-y style of broccoli salad at so many delis. It freakin’ rocks!
So, inspired by my love for broccoli and big, fat, red grapes…aaaaand the heat of summer, I’ve created my spin on this popular deli salad using a non-mayonnaise, Honey-Dijon vinaigrette.
Here’s how I like to approach this recipe:
- chop ingredients
- cook bacon
- steam broccoli (very lightly)
- whip up honey Dijon vinaigrette (so easy!)
- combine all
- chill…then devour!
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
For the salad:
- red grapes
- green onion
- blue cheese
- walnuts or almonds (optional)
For the vinaigrette:
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and Pepper
Tools you’ll find handy for this recipe:
- 3.5 quart stainless sauce pan to steam the broccoli
- Stainless steam basket to steam broccoli
- Stainless mixing bowl to toss/serve salad
- Nutribullet Pro to make the vinaigrette
Hit me up on the Insta if you decide to make this number. Tag @thekitchengirl #tkgrecipe…and basically make my day! Cheers to summer picnics and always to our health!
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Garlicky Oven Roasted Mushrooms - 05/22/2017
- Icebox Chocolate Eclair Cake: Easy No Bake Dessert - 05/20/2017
- Strawberry Spring Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette - 05/07/2017