You’ve heard of black bean brownies, right? Check out my Gluten Free Black Eyed Brownies. This treat uses black-eyed peas instead of black beans…for a different twist!
Gluten Free Black Eyed Brownies
This past holiday season, I wanted to find a brownie recipe made with black-eyed peas (instead of black beans) so I could eat the ‘lucky’ legumes for prosperity on January 1. I had never heard of using black-eyed peas as a brownie ingredient…but when I thought of it, I knew I wanted to experiment. So I did!
- They’re rich, chewy, fudge-y, and LOVED!
- They’re gluten-free…gluten-free!
- They use about 1/2 the sugar of traditional brownies, so they subtly rock the sweet craving.
- The kids are crazy for them…the beans are undetectable…and so nutritious!
- The recipe is super easy and quick to assemble; great to make with kids!
About my recipes: MORE plant, LESS animal...that's my jam.
Latest posts by Traci Antonovich (see all)
- Crabless Cakes: Zucchini Quinoa Mini Fritters - 03/06/2017
- Bananas Foster Mini Skillet Flambé - 02/24/2017
- Mint Leaf Shamrock Shake: Natural Green Food Color - 02/15/2017