Every back pocket needs a recipe for Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice. I mean, who doesn’t want to know how to recreate a super-easy, Chinese favorite using rotisserie chicken, cooked brown rice, peas, carrots, and corn…in one skillet…in 30 minutes?! I’ve been making this restaurant takeout copycat since…since…since I was born.
Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice
The secret to making a Better Than Takeout anything, is that it must be easy, affordable, and healthy. What makes this recipe all of those things? Hmmmm, let me count the ways…
- Repurposing rotisserie chicken is cost-effective and always delish!
- Leftover brown rice – not so delicious to eat straight, but always perfect for a fried rice dish.
- Brown rice packs more nutrients than the white rice (nothin against it tho!)
- All the peas, carrots, and corn!
- Gluten-free friendly (GF soy sauce, tamari or Bragg Aminos – you choose).
- Reduced-sodium friendly (you’re in control, not the restaurant).
- No MSG, added sugar, fat, etc. (once again, you choose).
- Dinner in 30, dudes!
Since this recipe relies on you having cooked rice and cooked chicken on hand, simply add it to your meal planning calendar. We never eat a rotisserie chicken without turning it into other things.
Check out my other rotisserie chicken-repurposed recipes:
Ingredients you’ll need for Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Brown Rice:
- canola oil
- sesame oil
- green onion
- frozen peas
- frozen corn
- cooked rice
- rotisserie chicken breast
- reduced-sodium soy sauce
- black pepper
Kitchen tools I use for this recipe:
- chef knife
- cutting board (to chop onions)
- Microplane fine grater (to grate garlic)
- 5 quart nonstick skillet or wok
- silicone spatula or wooden spoon
* Note: This post has affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have product questions!
This recipe originally appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’ in May 2017.